So if you were around last summer you might remember when I went Paleo for a few weeks before we went to New York. I basically cut out grains and got my carbs from veggies and fruit. I took me a few days to adjust but once I did I felt great….and then we went to New York and I ate pie, pizza and pasta for 10 days. Needless to say I haven’t ever gone back to Paleo because I love my oats and legumes and sometimes, yes, my pizza. But I have also been eating gluten lately (which my body does not like) so I decided to go cold turkey at least for a week or so and see how I feel.
I ran into Britt this morning getting to the gym and we were twins from the Firedaughter bin so of course we took a pic post workout.
Today I started out with 10 minutes of wind sprints at 9.0mph on a 4.0 incline. Then I did shoulders and abs:
3 set of each superset/triset:
- (1) Hanging leg raise: 15-20
- (2) Upright row: 30lb x 15, 20lb x 15
- (1) Seated shoulder press with the bar: 10 reps
- (2) Bent over rear flys: 7.5lb x 15
- (3) Reverse crunches with the cable: 30lb x 20
- (1) Roman chair leg raise: 5lb x 15
- (2) Lateral raise: 10lb x 15
- (1) Bent over rear fly (cables): 5lb x 15
I would have preferred to do one more superset but I had to get to work. My meals for the day have been the following:
- M1: Protein pancake
- M2: 3oz tuna, 1/4 avo and veggies
- M3: 4oz chicken, cheese and veggies
- M4: 3oz tuna 1/4 avo and veggies, almonds
- M5: Sushi (no rice), cheese
- M6: Probably 1 egg with 3 egg whites and veggies
There was also a spoonful of all natural peanut butter in there around M5 because I wanted it
You’ll notice there are fats with every meal except M1 because it was near my workout. I do well with high healthy fats and lower carbs but this is something I have learned by trying all kinds of different things.
Hope you all are getting ready for the weekend I’m ready for some experimenting so let me know if you have a recipe you would like me to clean up or any ingredient you want to see!