So this is kind of two recipes in one. I got this idea from Natalie Hodson and her rosemary chicken recipe. But I did tweak it a little based on what I had in the house and what we like.
Recipe #1 Grilled Artichoke
This is insanely easy and so good. I have loved artichoke since I was a kid and my mom always used to make it, but this was my first time cooking it. This is post boil – pre grill.
- 1. Fill a large pan with a few inches of water and juice from 1 lemon.
- 2. Put whole artichokes in and bring to a boil.
- 3. Cover and cook for 20 minutes. Pre-heat grill to medium.
- 4. Take the artichokes out and let them cool. Then cut them in half length wise and scoop out the center (there is little fuzzy stuff.
- 5. Brush cut side with EVOO and sprinkle with pepper and lemon juice (I did a LOT of pepper).
- 6. Grill on non-cut side for 10-15 minutes.
- 7. Flip to cut side and grill for 5-10 minutes or until the leave come off easily.
- 8. Eat with sauce: 1 part greek yogurt to 2 parts spec dijon mustard and a sprinkle of lemon juice and worcestershire.
If you want step by step pics – this is a good resource.
Balsamic Chicken with Artichoke and Asparagus
- Cut up the hearts from the grilled artichokes (I did four)
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 3-4 lbs of chicken – I used frozen boneless, skinless breasts
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Lots of pepper
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard – heaping
- 1 tbsp basil
- Sprinkle of thyme
- Line a pan with tin foil and put the chicken and veggies in.
- Pour the sauce over everything and cover with tin foil.
- Cook on 375 for 75-90 minutes (until chicken is cooked through).
Hope you like it!!